Active Birth Workshop
31 March @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
ACTIVE BIRTH WORKSHOP
with Miriam Van Doorn
HOLLAND PARK STUDIO
Sunday March 31st
11:00am – 2:00pm
$160 per couple
Are you pregnant with a subsequent child and looking to follow a different birth plan?
Our Active Birth Workshops are run by Brisbane’s leading Prenatal Yoga teacher Miriam Van Doorn. With over 20 years of teaching experience (and a beautiful child of her own) Miriam will guide you and your birth partner through a practical workshop filled with practice, discussions and active participation preparing you for birth.
In this small group educational class we’ll explore how both the labouring mother and birth partner can work together to use mind-body techniques throughout the labour process. This 3 hour interactive workshop will include:
- Dispelling fears around birth including setting intentions and using positive affirmations
- The role of the support person in an active birth (and how they can help reinforce the techniques learned)
- Meditation for birthing
- Postures and breathing for labour
- Postures and breathing for birth
- Use of the breath to relax and release inner tension
- Use of sound to connect with a woman’s strength and power
- Massage techniques
- Yoga postures and philosophies to support positive birthing
- Relaxation skills to enhance the natural hormones of labour
- Stages 1, 2 3 and 4 of labour, how to cope and calm yourself through each stage
- Perineum care
- And so much more….
Who is welcome to attend?
Essentially anyone who you might want supporting you in labour. This might be:
- Birthing mother and father
- Same-sex couples
- Single mother with support person or doula
- Mother and daughter (birthing) | sister and sister (birthing)
What stage of pregnancy should I be in?
Most women attend this workshop in their third trimester so the techniques are fresh in their mind, however please feel free to attend from your second trimester on. We would not recommend booking within 3 weeks of your due date in case your baby decides to come a little early!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!